How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry 6xxx 7xxx: ie, 6230, 7100, 7290, etc.:
1. Select Options menu on BB.
2. Now you select SIM CARD menu. To be able to see this you have to type this on the keypad on phone: (TEXT WILL NOT APPEAR ON THE SCREEN until you enter the unlock code)
3. Type ‘MEPD’ for all models except 7100 in which case in case use ‘MEPPD’.
4. Usually you should see “active” NET lock. Now in order to disable this lock type ‘MEP2′ respectively ‘MEPP2′ if phone is 7100 and will appear a dialog asking for code. NOTE: You must use the “alt” or “shift” key to enable numbers so example would be: m-e-p-”alt key”-2.
5. Now you should see the place to enter your net unlock code. (if not, you didn’t type in mep2 or mepp2 properly.)
6. Here you must enter the “NET Unlock Code” that the BB unlocker showed you and hit return.
T MOBILE network phones ONLY
How to Enter Unlock Codes on T-Mobile BlackBerry Cell Phones: 1. On the Home screen, click the Tools icon. The Options screen appears.
2. In the tools screen, select the Settings icon.
3. Scroll to SIM Card and select it. You should see the phone number and the SIM ID number.
4. Type ‘mepd’ to display the first five levels of SIM locking.
5. T-Mobile uses network locking so the Network should display Active. All other states should display Disabled. Please note: For the Blackberry 7100t you will hit the “P” twice when entering the ‘mepd’ and ‘mep2′ for steps 4 & 5.
6. Type ‘mep2′ to display the dialog box asking for the unlock code (Press the Alt + 2 key to get the number 2)
7. Input the Network Unlock code
8. Press ENTER and reboot handheld.