Advantages to Using a Personalized Business Email Address
Unpaid email accounts are easy to get and use, so you might be reluctant to switch to a paid account. But when you look at the advantages of using your domain name for your email address — such as increased credibility, branding opportunities and how affordable they are — you’ll see you can't afford not to use one.
- Look professional: Like it or not, prejudices exist around email addresses. Although, an GMX address might functionally be working well for you, it can make you look “behind the times,” and appear less established and less serious about your business.
- Brand your business: Build your business identity. Put your company name in front of customers, prospects, suppliers, vendors and partners with every email you send. When your email address is your company name, you’re marketing your business with every email you send.
- Protection from spam: Paid email accounts typically includes anti-virus and spam filters to keep your inbox clean and secure from dangerous spam. They also have address books, folders to stay organized, and email encryption with password protection so information you send and receive stays private.
- Manage all email accounts in one place: When you get a personalized email address, you don’t need to check multiple email accounts or worry about missing messages from your free email. Most email, like Hotmail and Gmail, let you forward all messages to any email address you choose.
- Easy to find your business online: Customers and prospects you’ve corresponded with from time to time don’t always remember how to find you online. But if they have your business email in their online address book, they can see your domain name in your email address and know exactly how find your website.
Tip: Select your domain name carefully because you’re going to want to put your business website on this domain eventually. A domain is a key part of your brand, so take the time to find a name that represents your company brand, is fairly short, easy to spell and easy to remember.
Domain registrars like Go Daddy offer inexpensive email plans that use your domain name. Also, many will give you a free email address when you buy a domain name or a site builder, so check out their add-ons.